Add a touch of warm wood furniture to family gatherings and parties without giving up your precious everyday deck or kitchen space.
- Portable yet extra thick design includes spinning wood locks for easy storage and safe sturdy seating.
- Available in 11 standard sizes seating up to 4 people. Need a custom size? Just Let Us Know!
- Compliments our Rectangular Folding Table product line, but customers also use these benches as extra seating in a pinch.
- Materials to last a lifetime - our extra thick, finely sanded Redwood that outlasts cedar/teak, stainless hardware and the best weather resistant sealants.
- No assembly. Just unfold, spin the wooden lock in place and enjoy.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
Folding Benches are available in lenghts from 4 ft to 8 ft. Seat width is 11" and standard height is 17". The 4, 4.5 and 6 ft benches are overbuilt to easily hold 3 adults. The 8 ft bench can hold up to 4 adults comfortably and securely.
Bench Length (feet)
Approx weight (lbs)
Tabletop and bench top slats are attached with small stainless steel screws. The standard design is to have the screws showing, flush with the slats. But, if you don't want it that way, just let us know in the comment box and we'll screw them in from below.
All our furniture ships finely sanded to 220 grit for a smooth to the touch finish.
The most popular finish is our Transparent Premium Sealant. This sealant leaves your furniture looking natural and helps keep the beautiful wood surface colors from fading for several years. We use Sikkens brand finishes because they are the best finishes on the market.
Transparent Premium Sealant - Recommended for Outdoors:
Below are the 5 grades of wood we offer with the Transparent Premium Sealant applied. The color tones shown are close representations of the color your furniture will look like. There is no extra charge for the Transparent Premium Sealant:
Redwood(15 yr Warranty)
Mature(20 yr Warranty)
Old Growth(30 yr Warranty)
Mosaic Eco-(10 yr Warranty)
Douglas Fir(10 yr Warranty)
We also offer the Transparent Premium Sealant with the following stains added. There is a small charge for adding these stains:
Stains with Premium Sealant (Coffee and Cherry):
If you are applying your own stain or want the surface color to fade to a "weathered look" in a few months.
Off-White Oil-Based Primer:
If you are painting a light color. We apply two coats so that it is ready for one final coat.
Gray Oil-Based Primer:
If you are painting a darker color. We apply two coats so that it is ready for the final coat.
Wax Finish - Recommended for Indoors:
If your furniture is for indoors, we recommend the Wax finish. Your furniture will ship with 2 coats of Howard's Feed 'N Wax. Without maintenance the finish becomes a beautiful patina. With minimal care, the finish gets richer and more beautiful year after year.
If you need a specific stain, let us know.
The Folding Benches ship fully assembled. Just unfold and enjoy.
To download assembly instructions for any of our other items, please go to: Assembly
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesnt hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you dont have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If youd like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish
- The secret to outdoor longevity begins and ends with the wood. We use generous amounts of the most decay resistant wood available. We encourage our customers to compare photos of our items side by side with any competing product. Thickness counts. Furniture that is thin and light simply won't last in the year round weather.
- To keep your furniture beautiful, we use only stainless steel hardware and the highest quality stains and sealants. We use only the Sikkens brand of sealants.
- Our primary customer has always been the homeowner that appreciates spending a bit more for quality that will last decades.
- Our products are installed with organizations that appreciate longevity like the U.S. Forest Service, U.S. military installations, State and City parks, golf clubs and hotels.
- We are favored by many landscape architects and contractors because they can count on exceptional quality and quick personal service to complete projects.
- We build each item by hand. This insures your set is finely finished and carefully inspected. Old-fashioned hand building also allows us to adjust the size or design of any item to fit your needs.
- Because we are a forestry company, we can offer 5 exceptional wood grades to choose from our carefully managed forests with warranties of up to 30 years against decay in any weather. Click for more about our 5 wood grades
Wood decay is warrantied up to 30 years depending on the wood grade. No other outdoor furniture manufacturer has warranties like this. The key is the excellent quality of our wood and the extra-thick timber designs of all our pieces.
Wood Grades and Decay Warranty:
- Douglas-fir: 10 years
- Mosaic Eco-Wood: 10 years
- Redwood: 15 years
- Mature Redwood: 20 years
- Old-Growth Redwood: 30 years
Forever Redwood stands behind its products. We are committed to quickly resolving any issues that might occur. For more information please see our Warranty page.
We offer 4 Shipping Options in the U.S.:
Priority Shipping (ships in 2 to 3 weeks)
Standard Shipping (ships in 4 to 6 weeks)
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. (ships in 8 to 10 weeks)
Wait & Save Shipping (ships in 12 to 14 weeks) - Free Shipping plus save 10% on your order.
Yes, you can have free shipping plus save 10% off your order! We carefully hand build each Forever Redwood item. When you choose a longer shipout date, you give us more time to build. This lowers our cost and we pass the savings to you. If you choose the Wait & Save Shipping option and prefer we ship out a specific date (up to 6 months in advance), just enter the date in the Comment Box at Checkout. If no note is included, we'll ship in 3 months.
Orders ship from San Diego, CA. Add 3 to 6 business days transit time (depending on location).
We ship to any country. Canada orders ship in 6 weeks. To see Canadian shipping costs, just add item to cart.
For orders outside the U.S. or Canada, just enter your country in the shipping information section at checkout or in the shopping cart to see your freight cost. We ship outside the U.S. or Canada in 6 weeks. For all international shipments, the shipping companies handle any customs paperwork and then contact you to arrange delivery.
Assembly Service Available in California: Just add a note in the comment box at checkout that you'd like "Hand-Delivery & Assembly". We'll email a quote. Minimum $95 assembly charge.