Steamer Chaise Loungers
Our Steamer Chaise brings together classic cruise ship style with the beauty and durability of Redwood. At home on the boat, poolside, or the deck. Compact foldable design allows it to go almost anywhere.
- The perfect combination of comfort, elegance and utility. Back rest is set at a comfortable fixed position for reading, chatting and relaxing while the slightly pitched bed makes for comfortable sitting for extended periods.
- Available in single, honeymoon and double sizes, with or without wheels. Choose the stain or finish color that works best for you. For extended stays, maybe add a custom cushion.... (see More Options)
- The finest woods, stainless steel hardware and fine craftsmanship make the Steamer the only chaise lounger you'll need to buy for decades!
- Fold up Design ships fully assembled. Folds compactly for easy storage and transport.
- Beyond sustainable, your purchase of a Steamer Chaise or any of our products helps support our ongoing efforts to preserve and protect great American Redwood forests.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
Total Length is 64" (46" when closed). Total Width is 31" (Single), 38" (Honeymoon), 45" (Double). Backrest is 36"L. Height of bed when open is 13 3/4" (tallest point) and 7" (lowest point) and 11" at front. Armrests are 18" at lowest point and 24" at tallest. Approx. Weight: 42 lbs. (Single), 55 lbs. (Honeymoon), 65 lbs. (Double).
Ships fully assembled. Foldable design is lightweight and compact for easy transport and storage but also overbuilt for years of enjoyment.
If you'd like a cushion for your Lounger, please indicate this in the Advanced Options section. Standard cushions come in forest green however you also have the option to visit Sunbrella Central to choose from the hundreds of outdoor fabrics they have for your cushion.
|Forest Green Cushion Color||Loungers|
If you want a cushion in a color other than forest green, just select Custom color cushion and note the Sunbrella fabric's name and number you'd like in the comments box (visit Sunbrella Central to choose from the hundreds of outdoor fabrics they have for your cushion). Most Sunbrella fabrics are under $25/yard and are included in the cushion price. If you prefer a premium fabric over $25/yard, the cost over $25/yard will be manually added to your order total after checkout and you will be notified of any additional charge.
Sunbrella fabric is made to sit out in the sun and not fade. It's machine washable. Each cushion has a zipper so you can remove the foam and wash the fabric easily.
Single sized loungers use 3 yards of fabric, the Honeymooner uses 4, and the Double uses 5. Lounger cushions are box construction with the fabric cut flush to the edge creating a line along the borders (no welt). The bottom side is made with a thick rubbery fabric to help keep the cushion from sliding. All lounger cushions come with straps to tie the cushion to the lounger. Your cushion can be made in three ways (same price):
- With just one seam separating the backrest from the bed (2-section design) see first product photo above (not recommended for the curvaceous Penny Loungers).
- Or for space saving, a second seam is added to the bed so the cushion folds compactly in 3 sections (recommended design for most of our Loungers).
- Or, the most compact design is made with five sections (two for the backrests and three for the beds that folds up accordion style) see other photos above.
Each lounger cushion has a 2” thick “pillow” cushion at the top of the backrest(s). The pillow cushion can be flipped back when you don’t want to use it. The double lounger cushions all have independent separate backrest cushions to allow for independent backrest positions.
CUSTOM CUSHION SECTIONS
5 Section (Standard) Most Popular
You can order these chaise loungers with or without wheels.
All our furniture ships finely sanded to 220 grit for a smooth to the touch finish.
The most popular finish is our Transparent Premium Sealant. This sealant leaves your furniture looking natural and helps keep the beautiful wood surface colors from fading for several years. We use Sikkens brand finishes because they are the best finishes on the market.
Transparent Premium Sealant - Recommended for Outdoors:
Below are the 5 grades of wood we offer with the Transparent Premium Sealant applied. The color tones shown are close representations of the color your furniture will look like. There is no extra charge for the Transparent Premium Sealant:
Redwood(15 yr Warranty)
Mature(20 yr Warranty)
Old Growth(30 yr Warranty)
Mosaic Eco-(10 yr Warranty)
Douglas Fir(10 yr Warranty)
We also offer the Transparent Premium Sealant with the following stains added. There is a small charge for adding these stains:
Stains with Premium Sealant (Coffee and Cherry):
If you are applying your own stain or want the surface color to fade to a "weathered look" in a few months.
Off-White Oil-Based Primer:
If you are painting a light color. We apply two coats so that it is ready for one final coat.
Gray Oil-Based Primer:
If you are painting a darker color. We apply two coats so that it is ready for the final coat.
Wax Finish - Recommended for Indoors:
If your furniture is for indoors, we recommend the Wax finish. Your furniture will ship with 2 coats of Howard's Feed 'N Wax. Without maintenance the finish becomes a beautiful patina. With minimal care, the finish gets richer and more beautiful year after year.
If you need a specific stain, let us know.
The Stacey's Steamer Chaise Loungers ship fully assembled. Just unfold and enjoy.
To download assembly instructions for any of our other items, please go to: Assembly
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesnt hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you dont have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If youd like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish
- The secret to outdoor longevity begins and ends with the wood. We use generous amounts of the most decay resistant wood available. We encourage our customers to compare photos of our items side by side with any competing product. Thickness counts. Furniture that is thin and light simply won't last in the year round weather.
- To keep your furniture beautiful, we use only stainless steel hardware and the highest quality stains and sealants. We use only the Sikkens brand of sealants.
- Our primary customer has always been the homeowner that appreciates spending a bit more for quality that will last decades.
- Our products are installed with organizations that appreciate longevity like the U.S. Forest Service, U.S. military installations, State and City parks, golf clubs and hotels.
- We are favored by many landscape architects and contractors because they can count on exceptional quality and quick personal service to complete projects.
- We build each item by hand. This insures your set is finely finished and carefully inspected. Old-fashioned hand building also allows us to adjust the size or design of any item to fit your needs.
- Because we are a forestry company, we can offer 5 exceptional wood grades to choose from our carefully managed forests with warranties of up to 30 years against decay in any weather. Click for more about our 5 wood grades
Wood decay is warrantied up to 30 years depending on the wood grade. No other outdoor furniture manufacturer has warranties like this. The key is the excellent quality of our wood and the extra-thick timber designs of all our pieces.
Wood Grades and Decay Warranty:
- Douglas-fir: 10 years
- Mosaic Eco-Wood: 10 years
- Redwood: 15 years
- Mature Redwood: 20 years
- Old-Growth Redwood: 30 years
Forever Redwood stands behind its products. We are committed to quickly resolving any issues that might occur. For more information please see our Warranty page.
We offer 4 Shipping Options in the U.S.:
Priority Shipping (ships in 2 to 3 weeks)
Standard Shipping (ships in 4 to 6 weeks)
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. (ships in 8 to 10 weeks)
Wait & Save Shipping (ships in 12 to 14 weeks) - Free Shipping plus save 10% on your order.
Yes, you can have free shipping plus save 10% off your order! We carefully hand build each Forever Redwood item. When you choose a longer shipout date, you give us more time to build. This lowers our cost and we pass the savings to you. If you choose the Wait & Save Shipping option and prefer we ship out a specific date (up to 6 months in advance), just enter the date in the Comment Box at Checkout. If no note is included, we'll ship in 3 months.
Orders ship from San Diego, CA. Add 3 to 6 business days transit time (depending on location).
We ship to any country. Canada orders ship in 6 weeks. To see Canadian shipping costs, just add item to cart.
For orders outside the U.S. or Canada, just enter your country in the shipping information section at checkout or in the shopping cart to see your freight cost. We ship outside the U.S. or Canada in 6 weeks. For all international shipments, the shipping companies handle any customs paperwork and then contact you to arrange delivery.
Assembly Service Available in California: Just add a note in the comment box at checkout that you'd like "Hand-Delivery & Assembly". We'll email a quote. Minimum $95 assembly charge.