The Canine Cottage has everything a pampered dog can want in her very own country get away.
- Design: A front porch with a lean to roof so she can rest and watch over things while not getting wet or sun in her eyes...
- Purpose: A solid wood elevated floor so she can sleep comfortably while raining and not get wet when the ground filled with water.
- Quality: All thick wood construction because she would have none of that plastic junk.
- Maintenance: To keep the cottage clean, we placed the roof on hinges so it can be lifted and swept to keep the interior spotless.
- Wood Grade: We figured we better offer it in all our 5 Wood Grades and different finishes in case your canine must have it in a certain wood tone.
- Customize: And, if you need a special size, please let us know. We can build a larger or a smaller Canine Cottage.
- Assembly: Easy assembly. Ships in less than 10 parts. All hardware included.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
Dog Houses are 42 1/4" L, 30 1/2" D and 34 1/4" H (See srawings below):
The Canine Cottage ship fully assembled. Just unpack and enjoy
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.