Need a beautiful wood bed with a ton of storage space? The Chest Bed is a simple, strong classic design that brings the natural beauty and warmth of the woods to your bedroom.
- Design: Built with safety and durability in mind. Super strong frame; all corners widely rounded - no sharp edges.
- Quality: Expertly constructed using oversized finely finished timbers, the Chest Beds are wildly overbuilt to the strictest standards to withstand adventurous kids of all ages!
- Sizes: Available in any mattress size.
- Customize: Add drawers on both sides or on one depending on whether the bed is placed in the center of the room or against a wall. Choose from several headboard designs. Match a certain color from our wood grade and stain options offered.
- Assembly: Easy assembly – ships in less than 10 parts with all hardware included.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly to by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
All beds are 15"H without headboard and 40 ¼"H with headboard. Drawers are 20 3/4" W.
The Chest bed does not need a box spring. The bed comes with plenty of strong Bunkie boards to support the mattress by itself.
Each bed, regardless of Mattress size or wood grade chosen, can support over 650 lbs total weight if necessary. If you require additional weight capacity, please let us know.
*Drawings above show a queen size chest bed.
- Standard mattress sizes are:
Twin: 75" x 39", Double: 75" x 54", Queen: 80" x 60", and King: 80" x 76".
- For purposes of determining the "north" end of the bed, please assume you are looking at the bed in front of you with the length of the mattresses running from left to right. The left side is North and the right side is South. Yes, it is arbitrary, but we had to pick it one way or another!
Assembly Instructions for: The Chest Beds
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.