Rory's Armchair Swing Sets
Our Rory's Armchair Swing set is a full armchair or bench swing. It was designed with a very sturdy and tall frame to allow you to really get into the swing of things...
- Design: Many design details for the ultimate in relaxation from "park grade" pivoting steel hardware for a smooth swing motion to lumbar support seat designs and adjustable reclining angles for the seat.
- Quality: Constructed with sturdy Redwood timber finely finished, stainless steel hardware and the best weather resistant sealant.
- Sizes: Custom sizes and designs available. Weight capacity of swing is 450 lbs. If you need it stronger or want any detail altered, just let us know.
- Customize: Click the More Options button to select a seat style, engraving and sealant colors.
- Assembly: Quick easy assembly. Swing ships in less than 10 parts. Frame also ships in less than 10 separate parts.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
Swing itself is 12' H x 12' D (see drawings below). The hanging hardware is 4"L x 2 1/4"W x 2"H.
CHAIN HANGING HARDWARE
Our Chain Hanging hardware is similar to the Swing hanging hardware at Playgrounds. The pivoting steel moves with the swinging motion. We use 1/4 inch thick steel plate construction.
We ship springs with each swing set. The springs allow the seat to give just a bit and is a favorite of many customers. The springs are easily added and removed depending on whether you like the softness it adds to the ride.
Stainless Steel Hanging Hardware to attach to beam
(eyebolts, ulinks, chain, springs & pivoting steel hangers).
GETTING THE SWING AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE
All our garden swing sets ship with a bit of extra stainless steel chain. When you assemble and set up your set the first time, take a couple minutes to play around with the height and reclining angles by moving a couple chain links at a time. This way you can set the swing exactly at your most comfortable setting and then forget about it for the next 20 years...
SWING SEAT STYLES
We offer 4 styles: The Classic, The Ensenada, The Luna and The Kentucky. Four great designs for the same price:
|Ensenada Style Seat|
|Luna Backrest Seat|
|Classic Design Seat|
|Kentucky Style Seat|
HARDWARE FOR SWINGS
You may add hardware to your order for hanging your swing from a beam or a tree.
You can attach our swing to a tree, but please do so VERY CAREFULLY. Make sure your branch can support the weight and the strenuous activity. If in doubt, do not hang the swing.
You will receive enough chain so that the swing can hang from a height of up to ten feet. If you need more chain than that, just let us know in the "Special Instructions & Custom Requests" during checkout and we will get back to you.
Tree swing kits include two additional four-foot loops of stainless steel chain for installation on branches up to 15" in diameter. These loops of chain are enclosed in plastic tubing to protect the tree limb.
MONEY SAVING OPTIONS
There are at least two ways you can save on our beautiful garden swing sets:
- You can buy our sets without the expensive stainless steel chain. All our Swing Seat chains are made of 100% stainless steel to avoid rust or stain issues. But, as a money saving option, you can buy the same size standard steel chain (1/4") at your local hardware store for a fraction of the cost of the stainless steel chain. Just order the seat alone ("seat & eye bolts only - no chain"), and your local hardware store can provide the chain and fasteners (clasps). When you wrap the chain around the limb of the tree or another existing structure, such as a porch swing frame or an arbor, use a piece of old garden hose sliced open to protect the tree (or beam) from the chain and the weight of the swinger. If you measure both the circumference of the limb and the length from the bottom of the limb to about 15" above the ground ahead of time, your friendly hardware man can cut all 4 sections of chain the exact length for you. If you choose to go with standard steel chain and fasteners, make sure to inspect them every few years for weather-related wear.
- You can buy our sets without the stainless steel eyebolts. First, order the seat alone without eye bolts ("Seat Only - no eye bolts"). Then just go to your local hardware store and order a set of four 3/8" X 6" long standard steel eyebolts with washers and nuts for less than $10. The stainless ones will last longer, but they also are $45 now for a set of 4!
All our furniture ships finely sanded to 220 grit for a smooth to the touch finish.
The most popular finish is our Transparent Premium Sealant. This sealant leaves your furniture looking natural and helps keep the beautiful wood surface colors from fading for several years. We use Sikkens brand finishes because they are the best finishes on the market. For more information about our finishes and how to keep your furniture looking great year after year, please go to: https://www.foreverredwood.com/redwood-furniture/care-finish/
Unfinished (fine sanding only):
If you are applying your own stain or want the surface color to fade to a "weathered look" in a few months. We do not recommend you leave your furniture unfinished outdoors for any extended period regardless of wood quality. Outdoor weather changes constantly and it is best to at least seal the wood to protect it from consistently absorbing and losing moisture.
Transparent Premium Sealant - Recommended for Outdoors:
Below are the 5 grades of wood we offer with the Transparent Premium Sealant applied. The color tones shown are close representations of the color your furniture will look like. There is no extra charge for the Transparent Premium Sealant:
(10 yr Warranty)
(10 yr Warranty)
(15 yr Warranty)
(20 yr Warranty)
Old Growth Redwood
(30 yr Warranty)
We also offer the Transparent Premium Sealant with the following stains. There is a small charge for adding these stains because it increases the total amount of coats to 4 with the sealant as the final coats:
Black Premium Stain
TIGER STRIPE EFFECT
Douglas-Fir when stained dark creates a "tiger stripe" effect as shown in this photo. It is beautiful and most customers love it. If you are looking for a dark consistent stain and do not want to see a “tiger stripe effect”, please go with any of the Redwood grades for a more consistent stain finish.
Off-White Oil-Based Primer:
If you are painting a light color. We apply two coats so that it is ready for one final coat.
Gray Oil-Based Primer:
If you are painting a darker color. We apply two coats so that it is ready for the final coat.
Custom Paint Finish (go to BenjaminMoore.com):
Have Forever Redwood paint your order any color you like. We prefer to use Benjamin Moore paints because they make excellent quality products and offer a huge selection of paints and colors to choose from.
Benjamin Moore: Black Stain, 2131-10
First select the type of paint you want: Benjaminmoore.com
Then click the colors tab and choose from the almost endless amount of colors offered.
Just select the Custom Paint finish option and in the Comment box enter the type of paint and the name and number of the color you would like. We will confirm your custom paint request within 24 hours of receiving your order and we will order the paint for you and apply per the specified directions. You only need to let us know the type of paint and the color name and number and we will do the rest.
Assembly Instructions for: Rory's Armchair Swing Sets
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about 3 hours to re-assemble and begin enjoying them. Garden Chair Swing need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. All parts are clearly labeled and detailed step by step instructions are included. . To download assembly instructions for any of our items, please go to: Assembly
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesnt hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you dont have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If youd like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish
New to Forever Redwood? Create an account to get started today.Create My Account