Our Rory's Armchair Swing set is a full armchair or bench swing. It was designed with a very sturdy and tall frame to allow you to really get into the swing of things.
- Design: Designed for the ultimate in relaxation from "park grade" pivoting steel hardware for a smooth swing motion to lumbar support seat designs and adjustable reclining angles for the seat.
- Quality: Constructed with sturdy Redwood timber finely finished, stainless steel hardware and the best weather resistant sealant.
- Sizes: Custom sizes and designs available. Weight capacity of swing is 450 lbs. If you need it stronger or want any detail altered, just let us know.
- Customize: Click the More Options button to select a seat style, engraving and sealant colors.
- Assembly: Quick easy assembly. Swing ships in less than 10 parts. Frame also ships in less than 10 separate parts.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
Swing itself is 12' H x 12' D (see drawings below). The hanging hardware is 4"L x 2 1/4"W x 2"H.
Assembly Instructions for: Rory's Armchair Swing Sets
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.