Our Soleil Planter (Sunlight) was first created as a custom order for a French restaurant in San Francisco. We fell in love with it and hope you do too.
- The Soleil Planters will beautifully shelter your flowers, herbs, bushes or trees for a lifetime. Perfect for elevated gardens on rooftops or terraces!
- Handcrafted to any size you need. Choose your length, width and height. If you need a size in-between those offered, just enter the exact measurements in the Comment box.
- Built with extra thick 100% wood walls and framing for decades of longevity.
- Ideal for organic vegetables or herb gardens. If your planning to grow veggies, just let us know if you'd like the inside of the box left untreated. No worries about decay or need for liners – it’s Redwood!
- No glue or nails used - only stainless steel hardware used in construction.
- Drainage holes pre-drilled. Ships finely sanded and sealed. Just add soil.
- Ship in 5 parts for quick and easy re-assembly.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
The Soleil Planters are available in lengths from 24" to 144".
Forever Redwood planters ship ready to use. You do not need a liner or special sealants or drainage holes. Just re-assemble the parts and add soil. If you require an exact internal space for any reason, order a box that is at least 2 inches longer in all directions (L x W x H) and in the comment box let us know the exact internal size you’d like. We’ll email a confirmation within 2 business days that your exact size request will be made.
Assembly Instructions for: Soleil Planters
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.