Chris's Picnic Table (Attached Benches)
Pile up the memories with our classic family-style Chris's Picnic Table with Attached Benches. Handcrafted in strong, solid, weather-resistant Redwood for long-lasting enjoyment. (Sizes 4-12 ft., Warranties up to 30 years)
A twist on the traditional picnic table design, our Chris's Picnic Table with Attached Benches is a combination old school and a bit 21st century.
- Built the Size you Need: Picnic tables available in standard lengths from 4 to 8 feet, but if you need it longer, let us know.
- Options you Want: Each set is handmade per your instructions. Choose your length, tabletop width, corner styles, umbrella hole, stain and other options to make it your own.
- Materials that last generations: our oversized Redwood timbers easily outlast thin cedar or teak tables in year round weather. We use only stainless hardware and the best line of sealants available (Sikkens). All sets are finely sanded to a smooth to the touch 220 grit and we use only vertical grain lumber for bench and tabletops so you never have to worry about splinters.
- Fast assembly: Sets ship in less than 15 parts. Tabletop and bench tops always ship assembled. Just add the legs and supports and enjoy.
- Nationwide to your door: Ships in a crate to make sure arrives in perfect condition.
- Get a gorgeousguilt-free: Your purchase of a wood table supports our forest restoration work. Read more at: www.foreverredwood.com/restoration-forestry/overview/
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
Chris's Picnic Table (Attached Benches): 6ft L x 34" W
Chris's Picnic Table (Attached Benches): 10ft L x 46" W
Seating estimates by length of table vary slightly depending on the selected seating configuration (adding End Benches generally adds 2-4 additional seats depending on table width). The Forever Picnic Bench (with flared leg) is the default style of bench used. If you'd like a different style, please see the option offered under Advance Options.
ADA ACESSIBILITY DESIGN
ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG)
4.32.2 Seating. If seating spaces for people in wheelchairs are provided at fixed tables or counters, clear floor space complying with 4.2.4 shall be provided. Such clear floor space shall not overlap knee space by more than 19 in (485 mm) (see Fig. 45).
4.32.3 Knee Clearances. If seating for people in wheelchairs is provided at tables or counters, knee spaces at least 27 in (685 mm) high, 30 in (760 mm) wide, and 19 in (485 mm) deep shall be provided (see Fig. 45). 4.32.4* Height of Tables or Counters. The tops of accessible tables and counters shall be from 28 in to 34 in (710 mm to 865 mm) above the finish floor or ground.
OPTION 1 - With both benches trimmed
OPTION 2 - With one bench trimmed
OPTION 3 - With benches a full size on both sides
With benches a full 8’ on both sides, a wheel chair does have enough room to fit at either end of the table as long as no one sits near the edge. But if you want to make sure that this space is always available, then we should trim at least one of the benches on one end of the table.
Assembly Instructions for: Chri's Picnic Tables (Attached Benches)
All you need is a ratchet wrench and a hammer.
Our furniture is preassembled in our wood working shop to ensure reassembly is a snap. The Rectangular Picnic Tables require only a ratchet wrench and a small hammer to tap in the bolts. They ship in less than 15 parts and take less than 1 hour to re-assemble and begin enjoying them. All parts are clearly labeled and detailed step by step instructions are included. They can easily be re-assembled by one person. To download assembly instructions for any of our items, please go to: Assembly
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesnt hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you dont have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If youd like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish
New to Forever Redwood? Create an account to get started today.Create My Account