If you’re looking to create a stylish, functional, and durable outdoor space, the arched pergola kits is a great jumping off spot. The quality thick timber California Redwood transforms any space into a beautiful gathering spot. We specialize in environmentally friendly timber harvested from our on-going forest restoration work - so you know it’s both durable and environmentally friendly.
- Easy Sizing and Options: You don't have to figure it all out beforehand. Just estimate the size you think will work for your space. Then, check the wood grades and other options in the Build it Your Way section to the right of the large photo above. Our dedicated staff will send you a detailed drawing. From there, you can then see what works and what needs fine tuning. We will stay with your ideas until you have something you completely love. Every detail can be customized as needed. If you want to add a detail or a size you don't see, just say the word.
- Built to Last: We are a forest restoration company. We steward our lands. From the limited amount of lumber we harvest each year, we hand select the best, fattest timbers for your project. Everything is ridiculously over built. We only use real wood and steel - no plastic/vinyl/ compressed glue/plywood or flimsy hardware and nails. We have over 20 years experience building, shipping and installing shade structures all over the country.
- Easy Design/Sizing Support: Your order's drawings are emailed within 5 days. Usually just a couple of emails with our design team is all you need before every detail is the way you want.
- Details Matter: All joints are notched so your pergola will never sag, warp, twist, or shrink. Each timber is finely sanded for a silky smooth finish. We use the best sealants on the market. We make the best wood shade structures you can buy. Check out our competition carefully. Does any other manufacturer offer up to 30 year decay warranties?
- You Install or We Install?: Once you sign off on your drawings, your Arched Pergola kit is fully erected and finely finished in the shop for easy re-assembly. All the stainless steel hardware is included. Just bolt the timbers and panels back together. With two people working, most kits go back up in 6-8 hours. If you don't want to do the work, we can send our install team anywhere in the U.S.
- Turnaround Time & Financing: We can build in 2-3 weeks, but we recommend ordering your pergola kit 2-3 months in advance to give you time to fine tune the details through our drawing process. You can also take advantage of our 1/3rd deposit option to save on your upfront payment.
- Questions? - Download the ebook "Everything you Wanted to Know about Pergolas" for answers to frequently asked questions or please contact our Pergola Advisor.
Our arched pergola kits are built without synthetic materials, and will hold their shape and durability for much longer than any other outdoor furniture on the market today. We offer free shipping in the continental US, and can either send you your kit for you to put together at home, or an installation team that will put the kit together for you.
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
We can customize our Pergolas to suit your needs. Just tell us what size and options you want. Prior to building, we provide our customers with a detailed set of drawings based on their initial choices and sizes. The drawings are the perfect tool to show you every detail and dimension. Our drawing process allows you to double check each detail to be sure that everything is exactly as you'd like before we begin building. Drawings are emailed within 5 business days, and we'll revise your drawings as needed to make sure all details and sizing issues are perfected prior to beginning construction.
Corner posts are 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" (standard sized 6x6s) and are recessed 12" in from roof dimensions (This can be adjusted to meet your needs just let us know).
Roof support timbers (lintels) and rafters are 1 7/8" x 5 3/4". If you prefer a different sizing or style write what you would like in the comments section or contact us.
Posts normally ship 9' long. 9 posts make the top of the roof 9' also and give you an 8' 4" clearance ("ceiling height") under the rafters. About 90% of our pergola customers go with the default 9' post height. If you'd like your pergola taller or shorter, just select Other Height and write in what you would like in the comments section.
The maximum roof size is 20' in either direction with a 4 post structure. The maximum span (with the standard timber sizes mentioned above) is 18' 2 1/2" on center between posts. Structures over 20' in any direction are built with an additional post to support roofs between 20 and 40 feet. For example, a 30' x 20' free standing pergola has 6 posts.
Forever Redwood Pergola kits are completely assembled in the shop prior to shipping to be certain everything fits together perfectly. All timbers are notched into one another to increase structural strength, locking each pergola timber in place so that they will never sag, twist or move. There are hundreds of notches in the larger pergolas. Full notching is rarely practiced because it is labor intensive, but it is one of the secrets to a long lasting beautiful pergola.
All assembly hardware is included and is stainless steel.
|Pergola (Roof) Size (ft)||Approx. weight|
|10 x 10||705 lbs.|
|10 x 12||795 lbs.|
|10 x 14||885 lbs.|
|10 x 15||930 lbs.|
|10 x 16||975 lbs.|
|10 x 18||1065 lbs.|
|10 x 20||1155 lbs.|
|12 x 12||903 lbs.|
|12 x 14||1011 lbs.|
|12 x 15||1065 lbs.|
|12 x 16||1119 lbs.|
|12 x 18||1227 lbs.|
|12 x 20||1335 lbs.|
|Pergola (Roof) Size (ft)||Approx. weight|
|14 x 14||1137 lbs.|
|14 x 16||1263 lbs.|
|14 x 18||1389 lbs.|
|14 x 20||1515 lbs.|
|15 x 15||1268 lbs.|
|15 x 18||1470 lbs.|
|15 x 20||1605 lbs.|
|16 x 16||1407 lbs.|
|16 x 18||1551 lbs.|
|16 x 20||1695 lbs.|
|18 x 18||1713 lbs.|
|18 x 20||1875 lbs.|
|20 x 20||2055 lbs.|
For additional long-term structural strength, we add solid timber blocking in-between the dual support timbers as shown in the drawing below. With this blocking, the dual supports are in effect converted into one solid 7 1/4" x 6 1/2" timber as shown below:
Assembly instructions for: Arched Pergola Kits
Assembly instructions for: Ways To Attach Your Pergola Posts to the Ground
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people over a half to full day depending on size. Pergolas require a ratchet, wrench, hammer and ladder. Some assemblies may require a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all of our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included with clearly labeled parts. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look below at our assembly instructions for specific details. If you'd like a concrete pour to hold the posts, your project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please complete the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special skills are not required to re-assemble our pergolas. If you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona, and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, you should expect your furniture to last 10-40 years without maintenance even in climates with harsh, year round conditions.
Being outside year-round is rough on all wood finishings. The surface absorbs UV rays and pollution, there is a constant variation in moisture and temperature, and oxidization occurs. Over the years, most woods degrade and decay, and the surface color will slowly fade towards a silver patina. This is not the case with Forever Redwood. The silver patina is surface deep (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and will not compromised in any way by surface color changes. We keep our display items as is without refinishing as examples to show off the natural aging process (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended that you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.