Need a lovely transition space when you walk outside? The sun is too intense? Need a gathering spot to watch the afternoon go by? The natural beauty of this stylish arched pergola may be your medicine! We will handcrafted to the size you wish and customize as needed. If you don’t have time for the assembly, let us know and we will have one of our crews spend a couple days and put it up for you. Nationwide free shipping. 20 year decay warranty. Tell us about your plans and consider it done.
- Easy Sizing and Options: You don't have to figure it all out beforehand. Just estimate the size you think will work for the space. Then, check the wood grades and other options in the Build it Your Way section to the right of the large photo above. Our dedicated staff will send you a set of detailed drawings so that you can see what works and what needs fine-tuning. We will stay with your ideas until you have something you completely love. Every detail can be customized. If you want to add a detail or a size you do not see, just say the word.
- Built to Last: We are a forest restoration company. We steward our lands and from the limited amount of lumber we harvest each year, we hand select the best, fattest timbers for your project. Everything is ridiculously over built. It's all real wood and steel - no plastic/vinyl/ compressed glue/plywood or flimsy hardware and nails. We have over 20 years experience building, shipping and installing shade structures all over the country.
- Easy Design/Sizing Support: Your order's drawings are emailed within 5 days. Usually just a couple emails with our design team is all you need until every detail is the way you want.
- Details Matter: All joints are notched so your pergola will never sag, warp, twist, or shrink. Each timber is finely sanded for a silky smooth finish. We use the best sealants on the market. We make the best wood shade structures you can buy. Check our competition carefully. Does any other manufacturer offer up to 30 year decay warranties?
- You Install or We Install?: Once you sign off on your drawings, your Arched Pergola kit is fully erected and finely finished in the shop for easy re-assembly. All the stainless steel hardware is included. Just bolt the timbers and panels back together. Most kits go back up in 6 to 8 hours with one helper. If you don't want to do the work we can send our install team anywhere in the U.S.
- Turnaround Time & Financing: We can build your pergola kit in 2 to 3 weeks, but we recommend ordering 2 to 3 months in advance to have time to fine tune the details via our drawing process. You can also take advantage of our 1/3rd deposit option to spread out upfront cash via a couple monthly payments.
- Questions? - Download the ebook "Everything you Wanted to Know about Pergolas" for answers to frequently asked questions or please contact our Pergola Advisor.
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
We can customize our Pergolas to suit your needs. Just tell us what size and what options you want. Prior to building, we provide our customers with a detailed set of drawings. The drawings are the perfect tool to show you every detail and dimension. They allow you to double check every detail to make sure that everything is exactly as you'd like before we begin building. Drawings are emailed within 5 business days of receiving your order, and we'll revise your drawings as much as needed to make sure that all details and sizing issues are perfected prior to beginning construction.
Corner posts are 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" (standard sized 6x6s) and are recessed 12" in from roof dimensions (This can be adjusted to meet your needs just let us know).
Roof support timbers (lintels) and rafters are 1 7/8" x 5 3/4". If you prefer a different sizing or style write what you would like in the comments section or contact us.
Posts normally ship 9' long. 9 posts make the top of the roof 9' also and give you an 8' 4" clearance ("ceiling height") under the rafters. About 90% of our pergola customers go with the default 9' post height. If you'd like your pergola taller or shorter, just select Other Height and write in what you would like in the comments section.
The maximum roof size is 40' Length (Support Side) and 24' Width (Arc Side). The maximum span (with the standard timber sizes mentioned above) is 18' 2 1/2" on center between posts. Structures over 20' Length are built with an additional post to support roofs between 20 and 40 feet. For example, a 30' x 20' free standing pergola has 6 posts.
Forever Redwood Pergola kits are completely assembled in the shop prior to shipping to be certain everything fits together perfectly. All timbers are notched into one another to increase structural strength and to lock all your pergolas timbers in place so they will never sag, twist or move. There are hundreds of notches in the larger pergolas. Full notching is rarely practiced because it is labor intensive, and it is one of the secrets to a long lasting beautiful pergola.
All assembly hardware is included and is stainless steel.
|Pergola (Roof) Size (ft)||Approx. weight|
|10 x 10||669 lbs.|
|10 x 12||755 lbs.|
|10 x 14||840 lbs.|
|10 x 15||883 lbs.|
|10 x 16||926 lbs.|
|10 x 18||1011 lbs.|
|10 x 20||1097 lbs.|
|12 x 12||857 lbs.|
|12 x 14||960 lbs.|
|12 x 15||1011 lbs.|
|12 x 16||1063 lbs.|
|12 x 18||1165 lbs.|
|12 x 20||1268 lbs.|
|Pergola (Roof) Size (ft)||Approx. weight|
|14 x 14||1080 lbs.|
|14 x 16||1199 lbs.|
|14 x 18||1319 lbs.|
|14 x 20||1439 lbs.|
|15 x 15||1204 lbs.|
|15 x 18||1396 lbs.|
|15 x 20||1524 lbs.|
|16 x 16||1336 lbs.|
|16 x 18||1473 lbs.|
|16 x 20||1610 lbs.|
|18 x 18||1627 lbs.|
|18 x 20||1781 lbs.|
|20 x 20||1952 lbs.|
For additional long-term structural strength, we add solid timber blocking in-between the dual support timbers as shown in the drawing below. With this blocking, the dual supports are in effect converted into one solid 5 3/4 inch x 61/2 inch or 7 1/4 inch x 6 1/2 inch timber as shown below:
Assembly instructions for: Attached Arched Pergola Kits
Assembly instructions for: Ways To Attach Your Pergola Posts to the Ground
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.