Yes, you can have it any size you'd like. Yes, we can install it for you. Yes, we will prepare detailed drawings so that you can make sure everything will work perfectly before we build. The Cardinal’s Nest is our very best pavilion. No words are needed. Check out the photos & read about Monica and Stan's love story that led to the creation of the very first Cardinal's Nest here:
- Any Size: Each pavilion is built to your needs. Choose a standard size or custom size as needed. We can build any size you need.
- Will Last Decades: We insist on thick timber construction and extensive notching and other overbuilding details so you do not have to worry about harsh weather conditions like high wind, snow and humid climates. We offer up to 30 year warranties.
- Easy Design and Sizing: You will receive via email a detailed set of drawings within 5 business days of receiving your order. This way, you don't have to figure out every detail before ordering. The drawings allow you to easily see what will work and what needs adjusting. We encourage you to take your time with the drawings and go back and forth until you are comfortable every detail is just right. Any detail can be adjusted including the roof pitch, post spacing and height and adding custom details.
- You Install or We Install?: Each kit is fully erected in the shop for easy re-assembly. No drilling, sanding or cutting needed. Just bolt the pieces back together. Most jobs go back up in 2 days with one helper. And, if you are not interested in putting up the kit, let us know and we will send our team anywhere in the U.S. to install for you.
- Financing Help: We can design and build quickly, but we recommend you order 2 to 3 months in advance to give you time to design and check all the details. You can take advantage of our 1/3rd deposit option on site to not tie up too much cash upfront and can make 3 monthly payments.
- Add Roofing of your Choice: Kits ship with everything you need except the final roofing. An asphalt shingle roof or a metal roof is recommended to maximize weather resistance and longevity. Tile roofs can be accomodated, but require beefing up the structure further to handle the significant extra weight.
- Questions? - Download the ebook "Everything you Wanted to Know about Pergolas & Pavilions" for answers to frequently asked questions or please contact our Pavilion Advisor.
Contact us to find out how to get started, and how we can help from design to putting it together at your house!
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS (PROVIDED PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION)
The Cardinal's Nest Pavilion has dimensions in lengths from 8' to 150' and widths from 15' to 44'. The length and width are the overall roof measurements. The standard roof overhang is 12". If you need a custom size, we can do it. Just let us know.
The Cardinal's Nest Pavilion Dimensions Example:
Assembly Instructions for: The Cardinals Nest Pavilions
Assembly Instructions for: How to Anchor Your Pavilion
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people over a half to full day depending on size. Pergolas require a ratchet, wrench, hammer and ladder. Some assemblies may require a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all of our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included with clearly labeled parts. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look below at our assembly instructions for specific details. If you'd like a concrete pour to hold the posts, your project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please complete the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special skills are not required to re-assemble our pergolas. If you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona, and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, you should expect your furniture to last 10-40 years without maintenance even in climates with harsh, year round conditions.
Being outside year-round is rough on all wood finishings. The surface absorbs UV rays and pollution, there is a constant variation in moisture and temperature, and oxidization occurs. Over the years, most woods degrade and decay, and the surface color will slowly fade towards a silver patina. This is not the case with Forever Redwood. The silver patina is surface deep (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and will not compromised in any way by surface color changes. We keep our display items as is without refinishing as examples to show off the natural aging process (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended that you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.