- This high shade lattice pergola is available up to a 14’ x 12’ size.
- You will have an assigned Engineer prepare drawings for you and get your feedback so that you can customize it as needed before giving us the green light to build.
- Simply enter the dimensions you think will work, and explore our wide range of customizable options. Try out a style with the set of dimensions you imagine is right, and proceed to checkout. From there, you can either request a quote or get started on the Design-to-Done process by placing a 1/3rd deposit. This is the magic-- you don't have to get every detail figured out before you order! That's where we come in with our 30+ years of experience to go through the process together. One of our Design Engineers will email you a set of drawings specific to your design, and together you will adjust each and every detail until you declare "It's perfect, let's build it."
- Quality thick-timbered frame is stable as a stand-alone garden piece or can be secured in concrete.
- Free nationwide shipping. On site assembly support is available if you don't have that end tackled, just let us know.
- Choose from several sizes and heights to fit your needs for an entryway arbor.
- Materials that last a lifetime. From thick timbered, finely finished Redwood that outlasts teak & cedar with stainless steel hardware and the best weather resistant sealants.
- This wood arbor kits is easy to assemble and maintain. Ships in less than 15 parts with all the hardware.
Specifications has the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS (PROVIDED PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION)
When we receive any Pergola order, we will provide you with a detailed set of drawings based on the options and sizes chosen. The drawings will clearly show all the details and dimensions from 3 different angles. They are an excellent tool for you to double check everything to be sure it is exactly as you'd like before it is built. Drawings are emailed within 5 business days and we'll revise your drawings as needed to make sure all details and sizing issues are perfected prior to beginning construction.
Below are some examples of drawings sent to prior customers:
Corner posts are 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" (standard sized 4x4s) and are recessed 12" in from roof dimensions (This can be adjusted to meet your needs just let us know).
Roof support timbers (lintels) and rafters are 1 7/8" x 5 3/4". If you prefer a different sizing or style write what you would like in the comments section or contact us.
Posts normally ship 9' long. 9 posts make the top of the roof 9' also and give you an 8' 4" clearance ("ceiling height") under the rafters. About 90% of our pergola customers go with the default 9' post height. If you'd like your pergola taller or shorter, just select Other Height and write in what you would like in the comments section.
Forever Redwood Pergola kits are completely assembled in the shop prior to shipping to be certain everything fits together perfectly. All timbers are notched into one another to increase structural strength and to lock all your pergolas timbers in place so they will never sag, twist or move. There are hundreds of notches in the larger pergolas. Full notching is rarely practiced because it is labor intensive, but it is one of the secrets to a long lasting beautiful pergola.
All assembly hardware is included and is stainless steel.
For additional long-term structural strength, we add solid timber blocking in-between the dual support timbers as shown in the drawing below. With this blocking, the dual supports are in effect converted into one solid 5 3/4 inch x 61/2 inch or 7 1/4 inch x 6 1/2 inch timber as shown below:
Assembly Instructions for: Angel's Trellis Swing
Assembly Instructions for: How to Anchor Your Pergola
Our White Glove Assembly is a complete onsite assembly and anchoring service. The cost varies between 25 - 35% of your structure's overall cost and includes all materials: footings work, concrete, equipment rental if needed, and standard roofing materials if needed. Our installation teams are now available in all 50 states!
DIY: For moderately-sized structures (up to 400 sqft.), some of our customers choose to save money by doing the assembly themselves. In general, the larger the structure, the more people and time you will need: we recommend a minimum of 3 people. If you have assembly questions, just give us a call!
Care: You should expect your furniture to last outside for a minimum of 10-40 years without maintenance, even in climates with harsh year-round conditions. Because of our high quality wood, the silver patina that will naturally occur is surface deep (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. We keep our display items without refinishing as examples show off their natural aging. We like the patina! If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades please visit: Care and Finish.