Our Viking Pergola was originally designed to mimic a Viking Meeting house. The customer took over a month to design it with us. We will email drawings of your order for your review. With a couple of drawing revisions with your assigned designer, your perfect pergola will come to life and then magically be erected a couple months later in your yard! Need assembly help? Let us know. Free nationwide shipping.
- Wood pergolas are excellent for shade and shelter. Create a Great Room to dine outdoors or just lounge by the pool under a handcrafted Redwood Pergola.
- Build it your Way. You can adjust every part of the structure from dimensions to details like adding bases for speakers, ceiling fans or lighting bases to trim kits to hide the wiring. The Viking Pergola DIY kit can be freestanding or it can be attached to your home or building.
- Each Forever Redwood Pergola is fully erected in the shop for easy re-assembly. No drilling, sanding or cutting needed, simply put it back up and enjoy. 4 to 6 hour installations are the norm.
- Detailed Drawings are emailed to you within 5 business days of receiving your order. During the drawing process, we encourage you to take your time and ask questions so you can be certain everything will work perfectly for you before we build.
- Tailor your Pergola kit with privacy screens, louvers, shutters, custom stains, and more (see the More Options Tab above the Add to Cart button).
- Our Materials are guaranteed to last decades. Redwood outlasts teak and cedar. We use oversized timbers, Stainless Steel hardware and the best weather resistant sealant. We offer decay warranties up to 30 years on our pergola kits.
- All joints are notched so your pergola will never sag, warp, twist, or shrink. Each timber is finely sanded for a silky smooth finish.
- We are available by email or phone to assist you with any questions you may have before and after your purchase.
All of our Forever Redwood Pergolas are hand-made, designed to meet your specific needs through customization. You can choose from a variety of woods and sizes, and we guarantee each of them with a 10-30 year warranty. Contact us today to go over your custom design, and find out how we can help you get everything setup once we’ve shipped!
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
We customize our Pergolas to suit your needs. Just tell us what size and options you want. Prior to building, we provide our customers with a detailed set of drawings based on their initial choices and sizes. Our drawing process is the perfect tool to show you every detail and dimension from multiple angles. It gives you the freedom to visualize each detail, making sure that everything is exactly as you'd like before we get the go-ahead to begin building. Drawings are emailed within 5 business days, and we'll revise your drawings as much as needed to make sure all detail and sizing issues are perfected prior to beginning construction.
Viking Meet House Pergola 14 L x 12 W illustrative drawing
Structures over 16 ft have 6 x 6 posts with 3 x 8 supports and 2 x 8 rafters.
Structures 16 ft and shorter have 6 x 6 posts with 3 x 8 supports and 2 x 6 rafters.
If you prefer a different sizing or style write what you would like in the comments section or contact us.
Posts normally ship 9' long. 9 posts make the top of the roof 9' also and give you an 8' 4" clearance under the supports. About 90% of our pergola customers go with the default 9' post height. If you'd like your pergola taller or shorter, just select Other Height and write in what you would like in the comments section.
In most cases, the maximum roof size is 20' in either direction with a 4 post structure. The maximum span (with the standard timber sizes mentioned above) is 18' 2 1/2" on center between posts. Structures over 20' in any direction are built with an additional post to support roofs between 20 and 40 feet. For example, a 30' x 20' free standing pergola has 6 posts. If you wish to build the arched portion of the roof over 20 ft, with some design modifications, the arches can be expanded out to 28 ft without adding an additional post. Let us know if you require this type of design work.
Forever Redwood Pergola kits are completely assembled in the shop prior to shipping to be certain that everything fits together perfectly. All timbers are notched into one another to increase structural strength and to lock all your pergolas timbers in place so they will never sag, twist or move. There are hundreds of notches in the larger pergolas. Full notching is rarely practiced because it is labor intensive, but it is one of the secrets to a long lasting beautiful pergola.
All assembly hardware is included and is stainless steel.
Assembly Instructions for: Viking Pergola DIY Kits
Assembly Instructions for: How to Anchor Your Pergola
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.