The first Backyard Cabin was designed for an 8 year old young lady that needed a place to get away from her 3 brothers. A “No boys allowed” sign soon sprung up. The Backyard Cabin is a wonderful retreat for kids of all ages. We recently had a customer order one with the comment: “it will be my stylish doghouse that my wife threatens to send me to!” Any size, any height – custom designed to fit your needs.
- The Backyard Cabin can be made any size up to 16’ x 16’.
- You can adjust the wall height, the size of the front porch and even the layout of the windows and doors.
- The Cabin is fully erected in the shop for easy re-assembly. No drilling, sanding or cutting needed. Ships in finished panels that bolt together.
- You can change any detail or dimension to ensure your Cabin is built exactly the way you want.
- You can choose from our standard sizes and options, and if you don’t see a size or detail you’d like, let us know.
- Our outdoor structures are guaranteed to last decades.
- The standard design is to have the outer skin, doors and windows built in California Redwood for maximum longevity. The standard design uses Douglas-Fir timbers for internal framing, ceiling and floors and all hardware is stainless steel.
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
Assembly Instructions for: Kid's Backyard Cabin
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.