The Humboldt Log Pavilion was born as a trailhead shelter project for a non-profit in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains of Northern California. Logs are fun to build with, but they don't last because the bark rots quickly, the center of the log is immature young wood, and the logs always crack. So, when we were asked to build a trailhead shelter out of logs, we explained it would be best to use actual finished quality timbers free of the heart center and put them on a lathe to make them round.
- Easy Sizing and Options: You don't have to figure it all out beforehand. Just estimate the size you think will work for the space. Then, check the wood grades and other options in the Build it Your Way section to the right of the large photo above. Our dedicated staff will send you a detailed drawing so you can see what works and what needs fine-tuning. We will stay with your ideas until you have a design you completely love. Every aspect can be customized as needed. If you want to add a detail or a size you do not see, just say the word.
- Built to Last: We are a forest restoration company. We steward our lands, and from the limited amount of lumber we harvest each year, we hand select the best, fattest timbers for your project. Everything is ridiculously over built. All real wood and steel - no plastic/vinyl/ compressed glue/plywood, flimsy hardware or nails. We have over 20 years experience building, shipping and installing shade structures all over the country.
- Easy Design/Sizing Support: Your order's drawings are emailed within 5 days. Usually just a few emails with our design team is all you need before every detail is the way you want.
- Details Matter: All joints are notched so your pergola will never sag, warp, twist, or shrink. Each timber is finely sanded for a silky smooth finish. We use the best sealants on the market. We make the best wood shade structures you can buy. Check our competition carefully. Does any other manufacturer offer a 30 year decay warranty?
- You Install or We Install?: Once you sign off on your drawings, your Arched Open Sky Pergola kit is fully erected and finely finished in the shop for easy re-assembly. All the stainless steel hardware is included. Just bolt the timbers and panels back together. Most kits go back up in 6 to 8 hours with one helper. If you prefer to have us do it for you, we can send our install team anywhere in the U.S.
- Turnaround Time & Financing: We can build in 2 to 3 weeks, but recommend ordering your garden pergolas 2 to 3 months in advance to give you time to fine tune the details via our drawing process. You can also take advantage of our 1/3rd deposit option to minimize on your down payment with a few monthly payments.
- Questions? - Download the ebook "Everything you Wanted to Know about Pergolas" for answers to frequently asked questions or please contact our Pergola Advisor.
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS (PROVIDED PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION)
The Humboldt Log Pavilion Dimensions Example
The Humboldt Log Pavilion has standard dimensions in lengths from 12' to 60' and widths from 12' to 24'. The length and width are the overall roof measurements. The standard roof overhang is 12". If you need a custom size, we can do it. Just let us know.
Assembly Instructions for: The Humboldt Log Pavilion
Assembly Instructions for: How to Anchor Your Pavilion
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people and usually takes about half a day to a day, depending on size. Pergolas need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.