You say you want a Modern looking Shade Structure for your place? Check out the Silverado Modern Pergola. Yes, any size. Yes, we can install it for you anywhere in the U.S. Free nationwide shipping.
- Easy Sizing/Options: Begin in the Build it Your Way section next to the main photo and enter the size you think will work for the space. Then, check the wood grades and other options. Each Pergola is built your way. Our dedicated staff of designers and consultants stay with your ideas until we have something you are completely in love with. Every detail can be a standard option or customized as needed. If you want to add a detail or a size you don't see, just say the word.
- Built to Last: We are a forestry company. We hand select the best, fattest timbers from our forestlands for your project. Everything is ridiculously over built. All real wood and steel - no plastic/vinyl/ compressed glue/plywood or flimsy hardware or nails. Nothing lasts longer outdoors than California Redwood. We have over 20 years experience building, shipping and installing shade structures all over the country.
- Easy Design/Sizing Support: Your order's drawings are emailed within a week. The drawings are ideal so you don't have to figure it all out beforehand. Usually just a couple emails with our design team is all you need until every detail is the way you want.
- Details Matter: All joints are notched so your Pergola will never sag, warp, twist, or shrink. Each timber is finely sanded for a silky smooth finish. We use the best sealants on the market. We really do make the best wood shade structures you can buy anywhere. Check the competition carefully. Does any other manufacturer offer up to 30 year decay warranties?
- You Install or We Install?: Once you sign off on your drawings, your Pergola is fully erected and finely finished in the shop for easy re-assembly. All the stainless steel hardware is included, just bolt the timbers back together. Most kits can be re-assembled in 6-8 hours two people working (see Assembly & Care tab above). If you prefer, we can send our install team anywhere in the U.S.
- Turnaround Time & Financing: We can build in 2-3 weeks, but recommend that you order 2-3 months in advance in order to give you time to fine tune the details via our drawing process. You can also take advantage of our 1/3rd deposit option to save on the upfront cost.
To find out more, give us a call today or shoot us an email ([email protected]). Our kits are easy to assemble, easy to customize, and ship within days of the final plans being set. Even better, we guarantee our products to last a generation with warrantees up up to 30 years. Don’t forget to ask about our install teams who will come build and install your Pergola for you, right at your house!
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS (PROVIDED PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION)
When we receive any Pergola order, we will provide you with a detailed set of drawings based on the options and sizes chosen. The drawings will clearly show all the details and dimensions from 3 different angles. They are an excellent tool for you to look over every detail to make sure all is exactly as you'd like before we start building. Drawings are emailed within 5 business days, and we'll revise your drawings as needed to make sure all details and sizing issues are perfected prior to construction.
Below are some examples of drawings sent to prior customers:
The Silverado Modern Pergola - Standard Roof Style - 6 x 6 Thickness Timbers
The Silverado Modern Pergola - Standard Roof Style - 8 x 8 Thickness Timbers
The Silverado Modern Pergola - Cantilevered Roof Style - 6 x 6 Thickness Timbers
The Silverado Modern Pergola - Cantilevered Roof Style - 8 x 8 Thickness Timbers
Corner posts are 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" (standard sized 6x6s) and are recessed 12" in from roof dimensions (This can be adjusted to meet your needs just let us know).
Roof support timbers (lintels) and rafters are 1 7/8" x 5 3/4". If you prefer a different sizing or style write what you would like in the comments section or contact us.
Posts normally ship 9' long. 9 posts make the top of the roof 9' to give you an 8' 4" clearance ("ceiling height") under the rafters. About 90% of our pergola customers go with the default 9' post height. If you'd like your pergola taller or shorter, just select Other Height and write in what you would like in the comments section.
The maximum roof size is 20' in either direction with a 4 post structure. The maximum span (with the standard timber sizes mentioned above) is 18' 2 1/2" on center between posts. Structures over 20' in any direction are built with an additional post to support roofs between 20 and 40 feet. For example, a 30' x 20' free standing pergola has 6 posts.
Forever Redwood Pergola kits are completely assembled in the shop prior to shipping to be sure that everything fits together perfectly. All timbers are notched into one another to increase structural strength and to lock all your pergolas timbers in place so they will never sag, twist or move. There are hundreds of notches in the larger pergolas. Full notching is rarely practiced because it is labor intensive, but it is one of the secrets to a long lasting beautiful pergola.
All assembly hardware is included and is stainless steel.
|Pergola (Roof) Size (ft)||Approx. weight|
|10 x 10||705 lbs.|
|10 x 12||795 lbs.|
|10 x 14||885 lbs.|
|10 x 15||930 lbs.|
|10 x 16||975 lbs.|
|10 x 18||1065 lbs.|
|10 x 20||1155 lbs.|
|12 x 12||903 lbs.|
|12 x 14||1011 lbs.|
|12 x 15||1065 lbs.|
|12 x 16||1119 lbs.|
|12 x 18||1227 lbs.|
|12 x 20||1335 lbs.|
|Pergola (Roof) Size (ft)||Approx. weight|
|14 x 14||1137 lbs.|
|14 x 16||1263 lbs.|
|14 x 18||1389 lbs.|
|14 x 20||1515 lbs.|
|15 x 15||1268 lbs.|
|15 x 18||1470 lbs.|
|15 x 20||1605 lbs.|
|16 x 16||1407 lbs.|
|16 x 18||1551 lbs.|
|16 x 20||1695 lbs.|
|18 x 18||1713 lbs.|
|18 x 20||1875 lbs.|
|20 x 20||2055 lbs.|
Assembly Instructions for: The Silverado Modern Pergola - Standard Roof Style
Assembly Instructions for: The Silverado Modern Pergola - Cantilevered Roof Style
Assembly Instructions for: How to Anchor Your Pergola
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people over a half to full day depending on size. Pergolas require a ratchet, wrench, hammer and ladder. Some assemblies may require a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all of our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included with clearly labeled parts. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look below at our assembly instructions for specific details. If you'd like a concrete pour to hold the posts, your project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please complete the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special skills are not required to re-assemble our pergolas. If you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona, and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, you should expect your furniture to last 10-40 years without maintenance even in climates with harsh, year round conditions.
Being outside year-round is rough on all wood finishings. The surface absorbs UV rays and pollution, there is a constant variation in moisture and temperature, and oxidization occurs. Over the years, most woods degrade and decay, and the surface color will slowly fade towards a silver patina. This is not the case with Forever Redwood. The silver patina is surface deep (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and will not compromised in any way by surface color changes. We keep our display items as is without refinishing as examples to show off the natural aging process (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended that you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.