Gazebos can be built any shape or size. You don't have to go with a traditional rectangularl Gazebos with Don’s Hexagonal Gazebo. The Don is demanding. We didn’t dare say no to him. He wanted his hexagonal gazebo with many options and sturdy. Done. He wanted sliding windows with screens for cross ventilation. Done. Don created the blueprint - you can add your touches to build the perfect private space in your backyard! Can be built up to 16' diameter. Free nationwide shipping. 20 year decay warranty.
- Don’s Hexagonal Gazebo kit can be made in any diameter up to 16’, and any detail can be added or adjusted to make it your very own. You do not have to listen to Don anymore than you want to!
- The Don is a well designed Gazebo that accomplishes both great visibility with privacy and excellent ventilation. The second and first story windows can come with sliders and screens for additional ventilation during the hot months. This is a flexible design: you can place the door anywhere and even add a second door if you'd like.
- Forever Redwood is a forest restoration company. We manage forestlands very conservatively. The limited amount of lumber harvested from our lands is hand selected for each job carefully. We use oversized timbers, and the best stainless steel hardware and sealants (Sikkens brand only) so that we can easily give decay warranties for up to 30 years. None of our competitors can do this. Redwood lasts longer than teak, cedar or any of the woods ripped out of the Amazon.
- Besides the standard options of Size, Length, Wood Flooring, Windows (sliders, fixed or a combination), door styles and skylight sizes, we encourage you to get creative with your baby. If you do not see an option or size you would like, speak up!
- Detailed Drawings are emailed within 5 business days. You can change any detail or dimension to ensure your Gazebo kit will work perfectly for you.
- Once you approve of your drawings, we will fully assemble your creation in the shop for easy re-assembly. No drilling, sanding or cutting needed. We ship in finished panels that bolt together. If you don't want to deal with the at home assembly, let us know and we will arrange the installation for you anywhere in the Continental U.S.
- Call or email anytime. We have been building long-lasting, finely finished wood gazebo kits since the the 90's. A five minute call is all you need to get started. Then, just review and fine tune the drawings we send you until your perfect Gazebo materializes.
Your new Hexagonal Gazebo kit is built to withstand all of the elements, and will not bend, rot, or weaken from weather. We build all of our kits to last a lifetime, and guarantee their durability for 10, 20, and even 30 years. Contact us today about shipping and assembly options. Orders typically ship within three days of receiving your custom specifications.
Specifications have the following sections, any of which you may go to directly by clicking on it:
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
|Dimensions||Roof Diameter||Roof Height at Outside Edge||Approx Weight|
|10-Foot||121"||88 1/2"||1290 lbs.|
|12-Foot||145"||88 1/2"||1520 lbs.|
|14-Foot||169"||88 1/2"||1900 lbs.|
We can customize our gazebos to suit your needs. Just tell us what size and options you want. Prior to building any Gazebo, we provide our customers with a detailed drawing based on their proposed features. This allows you review and make necessary adjustments before we begin building. Drawings are the best way to make certain that every detail has been considered so that your Gazebo will be exactly what you dreamed of.
Don's Hexagonal Gazebo features fixed curved acrylic windows on each corner for a complete 360 degree view. All other windows are sliding panels with screens. Windows are acrylic that will not fade. You have the choice of semi-transparent tinted bronze acrylic to allow visibility while both adding privacy and blocking the sun, solid white, or clear.
Clerestory windows include four fixed and two sliding windows with screens, and also come in your choice of bronze, white or clear acrylic.
The cupola roof makes your gazebo more spacious and the clerestory windows all around add beautiful lighting. A standard roof overhang is six inches, and is made of 1 x 6 redwood boards. If you want to order shingles (extra charge), ours are 3/8-inch thick, hand-cut redwood that are 4-6 inches wide. You will receive 1000 to 3000 single shingles depending on the size of your gazebo (shingles cannot ship attached to roof panels and must be installed individually). We will not charge any extra shipping when you order the shingles for your gazebo.
Standard exterior walls are 24 inches from the ground to the bottom of the window, with vertical redwood boards. If you'd rather, you can choose to have the height of your walls be 30" or 36". Total wall height is 7 feet.
Assembly Instructions for: Don's Hexagonal Gazebo Kit
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by two people over a half to full day depending on size. Pergolas require a ratchet, wrench, hammer and ladder. Some assemblies may require a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all of our products, we preassemble pergolas in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included with clearly labeled parts. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look below at our assembly instructions for specific details. If you'd like a concrete pour to hold the posts, your project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please complete the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special skills are not required to re-assemble our pergolas. If you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona, and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, you should expect your furniture to last 10-40 years without maintenance even in climates with harsh, year round conditions.
Being outside year-round is rough on all wood finishings. The surface absorbs UV rays and pollution, there is a constant variation in moisture and temperature, and oxidization occurs. Over the years, most woods degrade and decay, and the surface color will slowly fade towards a silver patina. This is not the case with Forever Redwood. The silver patina is surface deep (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and will not compromised in any way by surface color changes. We keep our display items as is without refinishing as examples to show off the natural aging process (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended that you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.