The Penny's Guest House maximizes the interior space on a tiny footprint. It is a simple, functional and beautiful design that allows for all the necessary amenities win a minimal space at an affordable price.
- Will Last Decades: We use thick timber construction and extensive notching and other overbuilding details so you do not have to worry about harsh weather conditions like high wind, snow, heat, cold or humid climates. Each Penny is fully insulated with a vapor barrier and built with a Mature Redwood external skin for a 20 year decay warranty. The internal framing, flooring and walls are built in Douglas-Fir and Sugar Pine for a lighter colored aromatic finish.
- Easy Design and Sizing: You will receive via email detailed drawings within 5 business days of ordering. The drawings allow you to easily see what will work and what needs adjusting. We encourage you to take your time with the drawings and add the final appliances you plan to use so you can be sure they will fit and work as planned. While we don't ship appliances or assist with them, you want to be sure your home has been designed completely, appliances and all before giving us the green light to build. Many details can be adjusted including the roof pitch, window sizing, etc. and you can add custom details as well.
- You Install or We Install?: Each tiny home is fully erected in the shop for easy re-assembly. No drilling, sanding or cutting needed. Just bolt the pieces back together. The typical Tiny Home is a 2 week reassembly and will require a concrete pad or other foundation be built ahead of time. If you are not interested in putting up the home, let us know. We can send a team anywhere in the U.S. to install for you.
- Electrical and Plumbing: Kits ship with everything you need except the final roofing. An asphalt shingle roof or a metal roof is recommended to maximize weather resistance and longevity. Tile roofs can be accomodated, but require beefing up the structure further to handle the significant extra weight.
- Roofing: An asphalt shingle roof or a metal roof is recommended to maximize weather resistance and longevity. Tile roofs can be accomodated, but require beefing up the structure further to handle the significant extra weight.
- Questions?: Download the ebook "Everything you Wanted to Know about Pergolas & Pavilions" for answers to frequently asked questions or please contact our Tiny House Advisor.
Contact us to find out how to get started, and how we can help from design to putting it together at your house!
The Penny's Guest House maximizes the interior space, surrounded by a cool exterior. Simple, functional and beautiful. A Tiny house provides the necessary living spaces, allowing people to live to the minimum possible, in an affordable unit that also provides other kind of freedom. The high quality and interior design adds the comfort that everybody is looking for.
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
ISOMETRIC AND ELEVATIONS:
All You Need is a Few Tools and a Friend.
Assembly is best done by firends. The structures need a ratchet wrench, a hammer and a ladder to put them together. In some cases, you might need a drill to attach the posts into concrete. As with all our products, we preassemble all structures in our shop to ensure everything fits together. All hardware is included and all parts are clearly labeled before it is shipped. We also include detailed step-by-step instructions.
Take a look at our assembly instructions below for specific details. If you plan to pour concrete to hold the posts, the project will require an additional half day prior to assembly. Please do the concrete pour a few days prior to assembly to allow the concrete to cure.
Special talent is not required to re-assemble our pergolas. But, if you would like help, just let us know. We have our own team for installations in California, Nevada and Southern Arizona and a network of local contractors we recommend for farther afield.
Care: Your Forever Redwood Furniture will last for decades in year-round weather without maintenance.
Depending on the wood grade you choose, even with harsh year-round outdoor conditions, you can expect your furniture to last from ten to forty years without maintenance of any kind.
Being outside year-round is rough on any woods finish. The surface absorbs UV rays, pollution, constant variations in moisture and temperature and it also oxidizes. This is why most wood just doesn’t hold up and the surface color slowly changes towards a silver patina over the years. But, with Forever Redwood, you don’t have to worry. The silver patina is surface deep only (less than 1/64") and is not indicative of decay. Your set will last decades and is not compromised in any way by the surface color change. For example, we keep our display items as is without refinishing to show off this natural aging (we like the patina!).
Although Forever Redwood is maintenance-free, we recommended you take a few minutes as needed to clean by either hosing down and/or brushing/dusting away accumulated debris (no soap or chemicals needed). If you’d like to keep your set looking its best for decades, please go to: Care and Finish.